OEL/Copia contains Protected Health Information (PHI) and all HIPAA privacy regulations and reasonable safeguards must be followed, including but not limited to:
- Never share usernames/passwords.
- All users must log in with their own username/password to access the system. If you encounter a session logged in under another user, be sure to log out and back in under your own credentials.
- Always log off when not in use or when your workstation is left unattended.
- PHI should only be accessed if necessary for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations purposes.
- Information printed, sent, or otherwise extracted from the system is still subject to protection under HIPAA, and must only be shared for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations purposes.
Questions or concerns? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.